My Photo
Name:
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States

Programmer, musician, photographer, artist, hubby, dad, slightly demented middle-aged geek.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Weekend work

I got a few things done this weekend. It doesn't seem like much, and at this rate I'll never even get close to finishing. I've been in a funk for a few days and this 'album' is getting to be a source of stress. Because, you know, I need more stress in my life.

I did manage to figure out a few things in Sonar. I figured out how to loop record, and how to set the record points, so I can 'punch in' parts. I recorded all the bass synth 4 measures at a time. So, that's pretty cool. But last night and Saturday I had a really hard time getting anything decent recorded for guitar. It sounds so... bleah. I listen to stuff like Tool and Porcupine Tree and it sounds so... simple, yet so good. And the stuff I'm writing just has no... uh... no oompf to it. no hook, no catch. just bleah. I guess this is a good exercise, but it's frustrating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home